A one-day workshop led by printmakers Emma Aldridge and Jacqui Dodd, aimed at beginners or advanced printmakers.
This course is led by Regional Print Centre trained printmakers Emma Aldridge and Jacqui Dodds and is for participants who want to learn more about paper stencils in Screen printing. During the course we will work with images that can be made using torn and cut Yupo paper or newsprint to create multiple layers on small edition prints.
Cutting paper stencils can be used to create extremely free images depending on the methods of cutting you use. Working with this technique is particularly good for working at home as it avoids using photo emulsion for transferring your images to the screen and with practice can create sophisticated and painterly results. It develops your cutting and knife skills and is free from major planning and tight registration
Workshop participants please bring along your own images of A4 size.
The Course involves:
- Looking at a simple registration method.
- Discovering mark making and cutting with different paper and ink behaviours.
- Understanding blade and tearing techniques.
- Use of punches, tape, threads, and fine fabrics to gain texture.
- Create a master to work on towards a finished piece.